Have you always longed for a way to be a more effective Christian?
I look at the Billy Grahams, the saints of old and wonder what it would be like, leaving this world with a long list of accomplishments instead of a long list of regrets of things I could never accomplish.
The ministry of Paul is like none other. Just this morning I was startled to read in
Philippians 2:19 through 30 --->
Paul (in verse 21) says: “Everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.”
Wait a minute Paul, that sounds a little like what I might say!
Then in verse 23, that he plans to send Timothy to Philippi as soon as he knows
how things go with him.
Wait a minute! It sounds to me that he is concerned about what happens to him before
sending Timothy on his journey. I thought that was of little concern to him.
In following verses he talks about his friend, Epaphroditus who was so ill and nearly died.
But he says God had mercy by sparing him so he (Paul) would not have sorrow upon sorrow.
Wait a minute! Didn’t Paul say we don’t grieve as those who have no hope?
(1 Thess. 4:13) In Phil. 2:28,
Paul indicates that when Timothy has completed his mission that He (Paul) will have less anxiety.
Wait a minute! Didn’t he say “Be anxious for nothing?” (Phil. 4:6) Could the saintly Paul have human thoughts and tendencies just as I have?
I’m not being critical of Paul, I’m just glad that as godly as he was, he still had his moments just as I do. My heart yearns for total devotion to Father God, my Brother, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I never hope to attain to Paul’s stature in Christ but I would like to have something I can lay at Jesus’ feet!!!
~Betty
No comments:
Post a Comment